Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's a Mystery to Me

Deadstick: An Owen Keane MysteryDeadstick: An Owen Keane Mystery by Terence Faherty

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I met Terence Faherty at a writing conference last summer where he led a workshop.  I'm not a mystery reader but after learning that the protagonist is a "failed seminarian" I had to give the first book in this series a turn.   I purchased the eBook and read it in my Kindle.  I won't attempt to judge it against other books in its genre.  What I will do is say that I came to care about Owen Keane.  The story started too slowly for me, but I stuck with it and found the pace picking up about half way through.  Maybe I'm more used to the faster pace of current thrillers (i.e. Steve Barry, Greg Iles, James Rollins, etc.).  Another thing I enjoyed was his description of rural and urban locations in the northeast US.



View all my reviews

No comments: